Friday, February 26, 2010

Divorce, home schooling and blog posts

There are a million reasons that you could succeed if you wanted to.  But there are probably more reasons why you likely won't succeed. 

Question: Do you expect success?

Today I was confronted with the knowledge of a dear friend who filed for divorce because their spouse declared that they had a mistress (and no remorse).  This friend is trying to succeed.  They're trying to be a great parent, to raise a wonderful child so they could become a wonderful adult.  They're trying to run a business because they believe in their product and are good at what they do.  Still, the reasons for failure come knocking.  There are a mission reasons you could succeed but will you?

Question: Are you looking at reasons for failure right now or reasons for success?

Today I was confronted with a friend who is taking on the awesome responsibility of home schooling their child.  Their child is rebelling against it because well, it's a child.  I don't care if it's Harvard or your kitchen table, some kids just don't like school.  My friend is fighting the battle to do what they're called to do and do it with excellence and they're running into resistance doing it.  There are a mission reasons you could succeed but will you?

Question: If you're being challenged in an area right now is that a good thing?

Today I was confronted with the fact that I have not been communicating consistently via my different communication channels I have set up (Facebook, Twitter, several blogs, an eNewsletter etc.).  I have failed to be what I tell others to be...consistent.  I am going to find success and so will my friends who are enduring their rocky journeys right now.  They know that there are more reasons for them to fail then succeed in their relationships but they aren't the type of people that focus on the reasons why people don't succeed.  They focus on reasons FOR success and emulate them.

Question: What do you need to admit that you've been failing in?  Mine is communication.

I've been making a lot of changes in my business structure recently and I'm very excited about them.  I'm ignoring the reasons that failure may come.  I'm choosing success.  Did you know you could choose?

Question: What's it gonna be? Choose.

Posted via email from Thoughts that matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment